CCS is seeking an Environmental Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment and has the ability to provide exceptional skills to our company.
CCS-Industrial Services provides industrial cleaning and spill response to almost every pulp and paper mill in the Pacific Northwest. We also service major oil companies and a wide range of manufacturing and industrial clients. CCS has demonstrated its ability to complete large and complex industrial cleaning challenges on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with the most stringent industrial health & safety programs. No industrial cleaning job is too large or too small for CCS.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of waste inspection, handling, and disposal systems.
CCS’s culture is built on a foundation of teamwork and entrepreneurial drive. While each staff member has clear responsibilities in fulfilling our mission, we promote, expect, and reward a small business culture and work ethic where no task is above or below any individual.
From $75,000 per year
- 5+ years of experience in the hazardous waste industry
- Knowledge of CERCLA and RCRA regulations
- Experience or knowledge of TSDF and 10-day operations
- Excellent knowledge or applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area of responsibility
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of RCRA and DOT regulations as it relates to the transportation and processing of waste
- Develops and implements procedures for the disposal of hazardous or contaminated materials per governmental regulations.
- Oversees the design and implementation of waste inspection, handling, and disposal systems.
- Trains staff in the safe and proper handling of waste materials.
- Monitors and reviews regulations and trends and maintains effective waste management policies and procedures that support business operations.
- Properly manage 10-day storage facilities
- Visit our vendors and review their operations, familiarizing yourself with their capabilities
- Create sampling plans to properly identify and categorize waste
- Able to review and interpret analytical results to ensure proper waste disposal
- Create waste profiles and manifests/shipping documents for proper disposal of waste
- Works with other managers to price disposal and research optimal disposal method
- Medical, Dental and Vision options to include Telehealth
- Life AD&D for employees and eligible dependents
- Prescription / RX programs
- AFLAC Group coverage options
- 401(k) Profit Share Plan with company match
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
Pacific Northern Environmental LLC DBA Cowlitz Clean Sweep (“CCS”) is an equal opportunity employer. We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All new hires are subject to testing in accordance with local, federal, and state guidelines.