About Company CCS is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in the Northwest. CCS offers an exceptional safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
The CDL Operator is responsible for the safe and proper execution of CCS jobs across all services lines. Supervises and completes single task jobs requiring one crew and completes shutdowns and turnarounds with management oversight at client’s site in accordance with client and business requirements and company policies, practices and procedures.
Act as safety representative responsible for safety policies and procedures of both the company and the customer, including hands-on information regarding operations, safety, equipment, emergency response and administrative functions.
• Hands-on operation, when required, of manual and automated hydroblasting equipment.
• Operation of special equipment, such as Rolloff equipment, Ultra High Pressure pumps, Hydraulic Sludge pumps, heavy equipment, pressure washers.
• Operate equipment by energizing the pumping equipment and/or any specialized hydroblasting equipment, vacuum trucks and cutting equipment being used on the job.
• May be required to examine surface cleaned to ensure conformance to company and customer specifications.
• Perform routine maintenance on company equipment being used on the job.
• Perform any and all duties associated with liquid vacs, air machines and jet rodders.
• Direct a crew of vacuum technicians.
• Transport equipment and personnel to and from customer locations.
• Completes pre and post trip inspections, driver’s logs and complies with all other vehicle policy and DOT requirements.
• Loading and unloading hoses.
• Unload vacuum truck at the dump site.
• Provide general maintenance in the field.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Industrial setting – Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp and Paper Mills, etc.
• High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience
• Class A or B CDL License
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsement preferred, but not necessary if able to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Skills and experience:
• Specific vocational preparation including classroom safety training, on-the-job training and essential experience gained on other jobs.
• Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations.
• Valid driver’s license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements of company’s driving policy required when driving company vehicle or using personal vehicle on company business.
• Electronic Logging Device knowledge preferred but not required.
• Federal Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) preferred but not required.
• Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers.
• Experience operating a vacuum truck preferred, but will train the right candidate.
• Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums preferred, but will train the right candidate.
EEO Statement CCS and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. CCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job: Equipment Technician
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Longview
Recruiting in City, State: Longview, WA